Thursday, March 31, 2005

First Post - Band Chat Is Back

That's right. To all those who may care, Band Chat is back.

Band Chat was a web site I had in the 90s where I discussed various bands that I liked. I also kept a discography of those bands plus tiny sound clips of various songs (this was in the pre-mega bandwidth and mp3 days, so they were very tiny, and very poor quality). The most interesting section, however, was the "Drivel of the Month", where I would discuss a band I truly despised and invite email responses from the public, which I would post (this was before the big forum explosion). I got some great hate mail.

Alas, all good things must come to an end, and it eventually withered away, until...

The rebirth - in the form of this blog. I chose the name Band Chat for the history, but I will expand beyond that. Music is more than just the bands themselves. Besides, I'm beyond opinionated when it comes to music, so why limit myself to just talk about bands? Share and enjoy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am leaving the inaugural comment. Rock on, muthachucka!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pure beastage.

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to your "Drivel of the Month". Bring it on!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home