Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Bice Man Almost Gets his Walking Papers

Last night's Idol was an almost disaster for my favorite contestent, Bo Bice. Shamefully, I missed Tuesday's performance, where he apparently belted out "Freebird" (the upside is that I also missed Ovaltine doing "Bohemium Rhapsody", which was no doubt worse than hearing some Vogon Poetry). I'm not quite sure what he was thinking - "Freebird" isn't very interesting vocally, and there's no way the lame-o house band could do it justice, so what the hell's the point?

Wise up Bo-Boy; you can win this thing, but you've got to be more intelligent with your song choices. At least his peformance of "Remedy" by the Black Crowes was a lot better than when he sang it last.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I heard Bice's performance of 'Freebird', the other night. It was playing on the television downstairs, and even with a comfortable distance between my ears and the signal, it was painful to hear. Stupid, stupid choice of song.

However - I think the other guy's performance of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' was even sillier. He (Constantine?) gets points for having the 'nads to even _attempt_ a song like that, but he's no Freddie Mercury.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home