Thursday, June 02, 2005

Trent - Ixnay on the MTV-ay

TrentTrent Reznor has decided not to perform at the 2005 MTV Movie Awards. Apparently he had intended to have a backdrop of President Bush on stage, but when MTV axed that idea, Trent said, "Fuck you" (ok, I can't prove that, but I'll bet he said it), and pulled out.

I honestly wish Trent could have figured out a better solution to the problem. I'm becoming more and more frustrated with just how tempermental he is. He seems to have childish reactions to situations when things don't go his way. The example that bothers me most is when he decided to reveal the ending to Million Dollar Baby on his web page, as a reaction to those people who illegally downloaded With Teeth before its release.

Thanks for spoiling the movie for me Trent. For your information, the people who visit your web site are the ones who are most likely to actually buy your album, so whom are you hurting with that stunt? I hope that deep down he really does care more about his fanbase than his actions lead me to believe.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, how does giving the ending of Million Dollar Baby punish illegal downloaders? Perhaps he'll tell the MTV execs the secret to the Crying Game just to get his revenge.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S.: Hair aside, he looks like Zach Galligan from Gremlins in this picture.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home