Wednesday, July 13, 2005

By the Way, Which One's Pink?

Pigs On the WingRe: Pink Floyd's Live 8 reunion performance. I felt it was overall very weak. Poor choice of songs and rather bland to watch. The instruments sounded good, especially Dave's solos, but Gilmour's voice didn't sound good at first (it did get better by the end) and Waters sounded awful. I think it's pretty apparent that while Roger enjoyed this, Dave didn't.

They looked like a bunch of real dinosaurs up there plodding about. I felt badly for them. I was really looking forward to seeing it, and was just crushed by the end result.

At least it was nifty to hear them dedicate the performance, in part, to Syd.

1 Comments:

Blogger Etna said...

Agreed... I was rather dissapointed with the Live8 concert overall, though it was very interesting to hear them play live for the last time.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home