Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Matt Barlow Back In Iced Earth; Hell Freezes Over

IEIn news that makes me too excited for words, Jon Schaffer has announced on the IE web page that Matt Barlow is back in Iced Earth. Holy crap. It sounds like we're going to be fortunate enough to have Matt singing on the next Framing Armageddon record, on the USA tour next year, and a Schaffer approved live DVD. R0x0rz.

Interestingly enough, Blabbermouth is reporting that he is also remaining in Pyramaze. How this will work out is anyone's guess.

Alas, poor Ripper. Shafted again. The whole thing is bizarre because recently Schaffer has been quoted as saying that Owens is the best singer for his band, and that Barlow never really complemented the music properly. I didn't agree, I didn't get it, and now I really don't get it.

But I'm choosing to ignore all of this, and simply say I agree with a fan on Blabbermouth that he's something of a good luck charm. If you're a band that wants your recently departed (and fan favorite) singer back, just hire Owens. Worked for Judas Priest too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home