Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A Tale of Wonky Independent Record Stores

Last week, via that foul temptress we hip types call "The Internet", I managed to locate a rare, non-remixed/remastered CD of Iced Earth's Burnt Offerings. Spoke to the dude who owned the store on the phone, and he confirmed my find. Was quite cool and sent it out at the end of last week. It arrived yesterday.

I gleefully opened the case and found...nothing. Yep, nothing. "Oh the humanity!" They forgot to put the CD in. Can you imagine the look I had on my face? All that research to find the damned thing, and then, zero. I guess I should be happy since they did include the booklet, so I get to read the lyrics. It's practically a Special Edition!

Thankfully they do have it and are sending it out el pronto.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. File under "D'oh!"

OK, that's all I really have to say about this post, but I just want to say how much I enjoy your joyfully inflated tag line, "The only resource you need for all things related to bands and music." Reminds me of the good old days when The Daily Show billed itself as "The most important television program... EVER!" I think it's been long enough since 9/11 that they could bring that line back, no? Thank you, HM, for setting such a positive example. Did you ever know that you're my hero? :-)

5:56 AM  
Blogger Hollow Man said...

That's a good line from The Daily Show, except they should've spelled "ever", "EVAR". Then they'd be l33t (like me)!

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hms your not leet, and if you were it would be because of me!

ll4ma

8:27 PM  
Blogger Hollow Man said...

Wishful thinking, McM-Man!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home